Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Coughing, Throw up, School

So, since July 5th we have been dealing with kids coughing.  All day, all night.  And throw up too from coughing.

Well things got better.  We were only going through a few times a night.  So, we ended up putting the girls in school.  Olivia started Pre-K...sniff.  I was so delighted that she is going.  I didn't cry.  She didn't cry.  It was perfect.  The Principal has Olivia going to the office instead of the rough playtime or recess.  Olivia did ok for a couple days and then began to scream and cry when it came time to go to the office.

Fortunately, the woman at the desk told me she used to teach Pre-K and really does enjoy Olivia a lot.  She is helping Olivia through this time until she is released by Dr. George.  Only a couple more weeks till we go for follow up care.  Other than that though, Olivia loves Pre-K.  After I picked her up from her first day she said it was great.  She told me a crazy story about stuff they did.  I found out later that some of the story was true and some was not true :)  She said she couldn't remember everything so some of it she made up.  Probably started around the part where she had everyone in swimsuits that the school just has and they were running around in the water outside.  I asked her "are you ready to go back tomorrow" she said "why I have already been to Pre-K"!  LOL  Fortunately, we were able to get to the bottom of the day so that when I dropped her off the next day I wasn't asking about everyone in swimsuits!  I did relay the story to her teacher and she just thought it was so funny!!

Now for my ........second grader!  OMG my little first grader is growing up!  Well, she got to class and her two best friends were assigned to her class with her this year!  The whole school was ready to see her.  She knows all the administration, librarians, teachers, nurse...of course the nurse LOL.  Her counselor calls her "her little sunshine".  No matter where she went or who was around, everyone wanted to see her.  It was so wonderful.  She is so confident this year knowing everyone and them knowing her.  The nurse already had her HIP and the counselor had the 504 done.  She is able to go to the media center instead of PE or recess.  It is working out great!

Anyways, the coughing got bad again.  Really really bad.  We ended up at the doctor who has tested them for pertusis.  The doctor also treated them with an antibiotic for that.  I had a lot of faith that antibiotic was going to help and it did!  They went from noses running (first time the noses have run with this odd cough) to just a couple of times a day coughing.  In fact, for the first time in weeks, Olivia slept through the night without coughing!

We are also suspicious of our home we live in (rental right now) that maybe we might need to move.  I don't know what to think.  Three days of pre-K and school (two different buildings) with them both getting sick exact same time doesn't sound like it was from school.  Please pray that we can get rid of this cough which has taken over our lives!

Abri's first week back she did come home with a headache a couple of times, but she has yet to go to the nurse.  I think the excitement, the newness and longer day (I would let her rest at home some) was a big factor.  Olivia has not complained about anything except being hungry. :)

So far, I'm still thankful we did surgery and they have greatly improved.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment